Monday, October 1, 2012

Playlist

Each year I ask the students I teach to choose a song that represents them... song that means something to them or lyrics that speak to/about them. I also ask for songs from my teaching partners, My charity partners as well as my own children.
I put together a playlist for use during the marathon. I think about the person who added the song to the list as I listen and run. This makes for a wonderful meditation and makes the miles SEEMINGLY fly by. Notice I said seemingly?!  the miles do tend to drag a bit at the end but hearing the songs really puts me in a better place.Each song is as different as the person who it represents.  Each song is a constant reminder as to the reasons I am running this marathon. Each song is motivation to keep moving forward to the finish.
I wanted to share the list so you all could see the diverse nature of the music I will listen to in a few days. I can't wait to press play....


Born to Run/Bruce Springsteen
Good Feeling/Flo Rida
Glad You Came/The Wanted  
What Makes You Beautiful/One Direction
Yellow Submarine/The Beatles
Paradise/Coldplay
Beautiful/Christina Aguilera
Who Says/Selena
Girls Just Want to Have Fun/Cyndi Lauper
Chelsea Dagger/The Fratellis
I Gotta Feeling/Black Eyed Peas
Three Little Birds/Bob Marley
Rockstar/Nickelback   
Bicycle Race/Queen
Say Hey/Michael Franti & Spearhead
Walking On Sunshine/Katrina & The Waves
Here Comes The Sun/The Beatles
Defying Gravity/Kristin Chenoweth
Just the Way You Are/Bruno Mars
Good Riddance /Green Day
We Are the Champions/Queen
Somewhere Over the Rainbow/Israel Kamakawiwo'ole          
Live And Let Die/Paul McCartney & Wings
Cotton Eye Joe/Rednex
Party In the U.S.A./Miley Cyrus         
Payphone/Maroon5
We Are Young/Fun.
Where Is the Love?/Black Eyed Peas
Rainbow Connection/The Muppets
Count On Me/Bruno Mars      
Ain't No Rest for the Wicked/Cage the Elephant
Secrets/OneRepublic
One Moment In Time/Whitney Houston
Golden/Hello Dave
Man In the Mirror/Michael Jackson
Courageous/Casting Crowns
Live While We Are Young/1 Direction    
Barefoot Blue Jean Night/Jake Owen
For Good/Idina Menzel
Glass/Thompson Square         
Stronger/Mandisa
Dancing Queen/ABBA           
Maggie May/Rod Stewart
Don't Stop Believin'/Journey
I Can Only Imagine/David Guetta
I'll Make a Man Out of You/Mulan
I Love Rock 'N Roll/Joan Jett & The Blackhearts
Funkytown (Single Version)/Lipps, Inc.
Hot Legs/Rod Stewart 
Keep Your Head Up/Andy Grammer
Lights/Ellie Goulding
Learning to Fly/Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers
Hero/Skillet     
Need You Now/Plumb
Chasing the Sun/The Wanted  
Stayin' Alive/Bee Gees
Give a Little Bit/Supertramp   
What's This?/Danny Elfman
Rainbow Connection/Kermit
Count On Me/Bruno Mars
Be Right There/MattyB
Down In New Orleans/Fritzel's New Orleans Jazz Band         
Asereje/Las ketsup      
Secrets/OneRepublic
Into Yesterday/Sugar Ray
Tom's Diner/Suzanne Vega
American Girl/Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers
Titanium /David Guetta
The Fighter/The Dream Team
Brain Stew/Green Day
Rio/Duran Duran
St. Louis Blues/Louis Armstrong & His All Stars
O-O-H Child/The Five Stairsteps        
The Hockey Song/Stompin' Tom Connors      
Paradise/Coldplay
What a Wonderful World/Louis Armstrong    
Annie's Song/John Denver      
Minuet No.1/Brentwood Bach Society
Blessings/Laura Story 
Push It/Garbage
100%/Mariah Carey
Perpetual Motion in A major/Takako Nishizaki & Sarah Watkins
Wanted/Hunter Hayes
Shake It Out/Florence + The Machine 
For Good/Idina Menzel 


No comments:

Post a Comment