Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Better


  • I was angry, so I went for a run. And things got better.
    I was confused, so I went for a run. And things got better.
    I was exhausted, so I... went for a run. And things got better.
    I was lost, unsure, empty, afraid. Certain that whatever was left of my sanity had snapped, had come untethered and floated away, to a place so high and remote that I would never see it again, and that even if I did, I wouldn't recognize it.
    So I went for a run. And things got better.
    I felt like things could not possibly get worse, so I went for a run. And things got better.
    (Another time, I felt like things could not get much better. I went for a run. Things got much better.)
    After enough miles, over enough runs and enough years, I realized: No matter what, no matter when, or where, or why, I can find my shoes and go for a run and things will get better. And that realization? Just knowing that? It made things better.

    - Mark Remy Runner's World

No comments:

Post a Comment