Monday, July 30, 2018

Time


Life is fragile. We're not guaranteed a tomorrow so give it everything you've got.
Tim Cook

Today I went to visit an old friend, meaning a friend I have know for a long time. Truth be told, we dated when we were young and wild and without a care in the world. Who knew then that 30 years or so later, I would be visiting him and assisting with his therapy after a serious stroke? If I had known, would I have done things differently? I have no idea. I was young and living in the moment. What I do know is that now, at this stage of our lives, he needs a little support and love so that is where I belong.....paying a visit to an old friend. The past is long gone.

This summer I also lost a family member, someone, who for many years, was a good friend. We had not spoken or seen each other for several years, which now, in hindsight seems silly and small. He was a father of 2 young children whose lives will be forever altered due to the loss of their dad. He was a friend to so many who will miss him, his sense of humor and the calm, caring example he set for others. He was a husband as well, who cared for his wife in both big and small ways. The void he leaves in her heart will never go away. His mother will also have a void that will never go way as he was a devoted son. I think about his future, his dreams, his plans.....all gone now. The time we spent not speaking to one another now seems foolish and petty. The past is long gone.

Life is so fragile. We all go to sleep with emotions of the day, plans of tomorrow and dreams of the future. However, in a split second that can change. We can get sick, we can lose a loved one...in the mere blink of an eye, our entire life can change. Life gives us no guarantees. We should take no one or nothing for granted. Forgive those who have done you wrong or caused you pain. Make peace with your past. Be kind to everyone. Slow down and make time for people. Love with all your heart. Do not wait for tomorrow. Do it today....right now.
Peace -
#forwardisapace
#tutulady

No comments:

Post a Comment