Tuesday, December 3, 2019

Lemonade


IT
IS
HERE!

I can not believe it!

I really and truly can not believe it is here!
I am an author!  My name is searchable and associated with a book on AMAZON!!!
(click the title below to see for yourself!!)

The Lemonade Stand Book!!!

The Lemonade Stand(Kindle Ed)!!!!!!

Several months ago I was contacted by a high school friend who asked me to be a part of a writing project. She knew only a small portion of my story and thought I should share more, taking a deeper dive. I was intrigued and wanted to know more so, I contacted the collaborator and she put me in touch with the publisher. I learned the working title was the Lemonade Stand and liked it already. I hemmed and hawed, emailed back and forth with these women, had lengthy phone conversations with them, and battled my own inner demons.  There were so many signs along the way that told me that this was the right project at the right time. I mean, I had just bought a lemon tree for heaven's sake and I was seeing lemons everywhere I looked.  So I finally made the decision to join the project, took a giant leap and made the call ....#forwardisapace is my motto, right?
Once I made the decision to write my chapter, I sat down and the words poured out of me like water over the falls. I wrote it all in one weekend. Like Goldilocks...first it was too long and then it was too short and then it was just right.
I sent it off for editing and it came back with only a few suggestions of changes. So we moved forward.
I let some of my children read it at that point as I wanted their honest opinion. And they gave it to me...in spades. They were proud of their momma! And I moved forward.
I got it back one more time for final approval. Hitting send that last time meant sending my words, my story, out into the world. It was as if my soul exhaled.  The fear and apprehension of being so vulnerable had yet to set in!  I continued to move forward.
And then it was a waiting game. I waited for the other women to finish their chapters. And boy did those other women deliver!  When I received a proof of  the book I sat for a while feeling the weight of these words and the women who wrote them. Then I started to read.....
And I could not stop!  But I really had to....I had to put down the book between each chapter and breathe.  Each story was more compelling than the next. These women poured their souls on to the pages of this book. And then I realized I was one of them. Seeing my name in the table of contents was surreal, but then reading what I had written? It was an out of body experience and I kept moving forward.
But the best was yet to come because #forwardisapace !!!
The book was listed on Amazon this week and has already reached best seller status in 8...yes...EIGHT...kindle categories!  The reviews are pouring in and all so positive! The paperback copy of the book will be released Wednesday, December 4, 2019, and I know that things will only go up from there!  FORWARD!!!!
The fear and apprehension of vulnerability have fully set in but in the words of some of my co-authors, that fear is an ever evolving beast and will always be there until we release the shame and face it all head on. so.... #forwardisapace
I am so proud of the book and sharing my story. I am blessed and honored to be in the company of such strong, resilient, and gifted women! I hope that you will not only buy the book to read my story, but also read the stories of these other amazing women. While my story may not resonate with you, perhaps the story of one of the other women will. Perhaps you know someone who could use a little lemonade in their life and you buy them a copy as a gift.
I am so thankful for the opportunity to share my story, share what running, Girls on the Run and being the #tutulady means to me and share the life experiences of my amazing co-authors.
My gratitude is beyond words at this point.
Let's just say that my heart is sooo full....I am DANCING and I am moving forward
This #tutulady thanks everyone she knows from the bottom of her overflowing, glitter filled, sparkly, tutu wearing heart! I am who I am thanks to of all of you!
Peace
#forwardisapace
#tutulady

No comments:

Post a Comment