Wednesday, January 1, 2020

Books

This past year I returned to reading. Actually I discovered the wonder of Audible!  I vacillated between reading actual books(not kindle) and listening to them. I read some really great ones this year, and some I have would never have chosen myself,  thanks to suggestions from my book club and others.   These are some that I have read over the past 6 months:
📚Where the Crawdads Sing - Delia Owns 
This is not your predictable read. It has twists and turns and often made me uncomfortable but in the end I was better for having read it.
📚Before We Were Yours  - Lisa Wingate
So good and so much to talk about in this based in truth story. 
📚Washington Black - Esi Edugyan
Audible version is one of the best I have ever heard. 
📚Lillian Boxfish Takes a Walk - Kathleen Rooney 
I long to visit New York and see the world through her eyes! Perfect for the new year.
📚Little Fires Everywhere - Celeste Ng
Not your typical novel and constantly leaves the reader wondering.
📚Women In Sunlight  - Frances Mays
This book was difficult at the start and not one that I ever would have chosen myself but I really want to go to Italy now!!
📚Language of Flowers - Vanessa Diffenbaugh
 This is a beautiful story of growth (no pun intended). You will never look at flowers the same way!
📚I Am Not Your Perfect Mexican Daughter - Erika Sanachez
 YA fiction but so deep! It is not your typical 
📚Over the Top - Jonathan VanNess story 
Some parts make my momma of an LGBTQ+ child cringe but it is so good and inspirational!
📚Maybe You Should talk to Someone  - Lori Gottleib 
You will not look at therapy the same again!
📚This is How it Always Is  - Laurie Frankel 
 This book spoke to me on so many levels. She speaks to the reality of large family life. 
📚How to Walk Away  - Katherine Center
Good but very predictable and tied up in a neat bow at the end. 
📚Dare to Lead - Brene Brown
She is Brene and full of wisdom but sometimes it felt like overload. 
📚Imperfect Courage - Jessica Honneger
What an amazing and inspirational book that makes you want to take on the world. 
📚Wolfpack - Abby Wambach
A super short/one sitting read that will motivate you to do better
📚Pastrix - Nadia Bolz-Weber
A different take on religion and life that I respect so much!
📚Almost Everything - Anne Lamott
Its Anne - Enough said
📚The World according to Mr. Rogers - Fred Rogers
I have read this one before and rarely re-read a book but this one deserved to get a send time around and I found even more to love!
📚Last but not least I have to recommend my own book!
🍋The Lemonade Stand🍋 by Michelle Faust is a compilation of the stories of 19 women. Each is a story of strength.... from sour to sweet! My chapter is about how GOTR saved my life. You can order a signed copy from me directly(Dm me!!) or get a copy here:

I would love to know your thoughts if you have read any of these. I would also love recommendations for the new year! 
Let's get busy and work out our minds!
Peace
#tutulady
#forwardisapace

No comments:

Post a Comment