Thursday, September 30, 2010

The Countdown's On!

"Standing there alone
the ship is waiting
all systems are go
are you sure?
control is not convinced
but the computer
has the evidence
"no need to abort"
the countdown starts"
Major Tom - Peter Schilling

This is it! Only 9 more days until the marathon! I am getting a bit nervous but I know that this is normal....it is Taper Madness.

During the taper the miles decrease and the time spent NOT running increases. This causes fear, dread, and panic. More time to think about what can go wrong. More time to catch up on things put aside due to training. More time to wonder what will happen AFTER the Marathon.

I am in that space now. Trying to catch up on things and trying not to think about the 'What if's' of next week. I am trying not to eat too much. One thing about running it really curbs the appetite (also allows me more leverage with what I eat). When I am not running my mind often drifts to food! I love FOOD!

So...this is it. All systems are go. Control (my brain) is not convinced. The Compter (my body) has the evidence and says no need to abort. The Countdown Starts.

No comments:

Post a Comment