Monday, October 4, 2010

Gifts

Each day comes bearing its own gifts. Untie the ribbons.
~Ruth Ann Schabacker

This past weekend was all about gifts. My daughter turned 15 on Saturday and there were many gifts! Most of the gifts were those that did not come wrapped in pretty paper or tied with pretty ribbons. There were so many gifts of friendship and love to mention.

However, I think I was the biggest recipient of gifts. I received the best gift in my daughter. She is so responsible, practical, and really the best friend a girl could ask for. It is a joy to be her mother and watch her grow. There is never a dull moment when she is around. She makes my life exciting. She is the trailblazer for her siblings as she forces me into new and uncharted parenting territory on a daily basis. She challenges me to be a better parent at every turn. We are so alike (much to her dismay) in so many ways yet different in others. I envy her at times with her circle of friends, love of life and joy with which she approaches life most days. She is studious and has great attention to detail that I do not. She really is a great kid and I am blessed to be her mom.

We may never really realize the gifts we receive on a daily basis. There are so many times I have to stop and acknowledge the gift before the moment escapes me. I am so blessed in so many ways. I am so abundantly gifted!

Yesterday is a memory.

Tomorrow is a mystery.

Today is a gift.

That’s why they call it the present.

Go unwtie some ribbons......

No comments:

Post a Comment