Saturday, October 9, 2010

The waiting is the hardest part
Every day you see one more card
You take it on faith, you take it to the heart
The waiting is the hardest part
"the Waiting" Tom Petty

The waiting is the hardest part....the running few if no miles, the lack of structure, the lack of endorphins, the lack of stress relief.....all add up to a stressed out, frustrated, nervous running momma!

I visited the expo yesterday and picked up my number. I met some old friends, met some new friends, picked up lots of samples and goodies for my children. It was good to be on my own for a bit. I think the time alone in the car on the way into the city was priceless to me. This year I felt like I knew what I was doing and where I was going. I felt comfortable instead of like an outsider. I felt like a member of the club.

So now I am home and waiting....I am waiting and wondering what tomorrow will bring. I have waited and trained and prepared for this day for so long.....it is hard to believe that in a few hours the waiting will finally be over.....

No comments:

Post a Comment