Friday, February 24, 2012

Bye Blackberry, Hello Apple

The time had finally come bid adieu to my trusty crackberry.  I was in need of a phone upgrade and had been wondering if the iPhone was right for me. I went back and forth for months before taking the plunge. It was so hard to say goodbye to something that had become second nature but I was tired of slow/sloggy/inferior browsers and slow apps. The speed of email was the only thing that kept me hanging on (that and the price!)

So Over the weekend the Man said it was time to make a change. We made 2 visits to the phone store and her liked the salesman who helped us. Thus he said it was a 'go'!  The second trip was the one during which I got the phone and switched everything over. It was an all day affair. Once done at the store there was still work to be done on the computers at home. Updating, uploading and downloading.

I have to say the transition has not been as difficult as I thought. I do miss things about my BB. I miss my red blinking notification light. I miss the seamless email and the ability to choose to delete the email on the device, server or both. I miss the icons in my texting. I miss the keypad.

HOWEVER, that is not to say that I am not thrilled with my new iPhone. The pros out weigh the cons by a mile. I love the browser. I love my selection of apps ...there's an app for that...no matter what I need. I love that now I take one device on a run not 2 or 3. I have my music and a phone all at my fingertips. I love that it is so easy to use.

So...I am developing a taste for a different fruit and it sure is good. Not perfect but good! Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment