Friday, March 2, 2012

Running is....

Running is about SO much more than just running.
Kristen Armstrong

Running is really about so much more than just running. It is about more than just putting one foot in front of the other. It is about more than just racking up the miles and burning off the calories. 

 Running is one of my best friends.  The road is a good listener  Just like my friends, we can talk every day sometimes several times a day. I can lace up my shoes and run every day sometimes several times a day. I can rely on my friends to be there for me even if we have not gotten together or talked for a while. Running is the same way....my shoes are always there...waiting for me.  We can just be comfortable  in the quiet or rock out to some good music together. Running allows me to lose myself and find myself all over again.  I can solve all the worlds problems .... Or none at all..... Not every run is easy and effortless.

Just like friendships, sometimes it takes work to make it work. It is not all sunshine and roses but with every obstacle  comes new understanding.  I can go it alone or a group outing because my friends all get along.  It is good to know that I have such a steadfast friend on which to depend.....because running is about so much more than just running. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment