Monday, September 10, 2012

Done

Don't tell me something can't be done. I will find a way to get it done. I may get it done at the last minute, skidding in just at the buzzer but I get it done. I can procrastinate with the best of them and can make excuses better than a kid who didn't finish their homework. But given a challenge, I find a way.

Today I needed to find a way. There was a lot to get done. A meeting this morning before school, a full day of teaching and then coaching 30 little girls on their fist day of Girls on the Run. If that is was not enough, I ran my long run for the week....10 miles. I did run it on the treadmill so I could help with homework and be available to the kids...but multitasking is something I do well! The kids cycled in and out and I listened to one read, helped another with mock trial questions, and just listened to another talk. I was a captive for them. However the distractions were just that, distractions from the boredom of the dreadmill. Time with my kids is time with my kids.

Dinner and early bedtimes for all in the family tonight. I am tired but not done yet. I need help now. I want to coach more girls to become the best they can be helping them to find their own tutu spirit within. The marathon is only 26 days away and I am working hard to get there. Help me help more girls. Don't tell me it can't be done.
Please visit my donation site by clicking here!





No comments:

Post a Comment