Sunday, March 6, 2016

Curves

Slow down. Curves ahead. Life, life roads and trails, often has curves. Some curves are so sharp if we don't slow down, we veer off the road into a ditch.
It is important to watch the signs and look ahead to where we are going.
Today I saw the signs that I has missed.
I took off for a run only thinking that I would go about 2-3 miles as I had not run in months and my last run was crap. But as I moved forward and put one foot in front of the other, I realized that I was doing ok. I was running again. Do not get me wrong, it was not an easy run by any means, but it felt good.
i kept moving forward feeling stronger with each step and as I ran, I realized that I was coming back to myself.
The last few months have been hard. Harder than any marathon or race I have ever run, and while I know that race is not yet over, I can see the finish line. I can see that light at the end of the tunnel. I have had the support of a lot of good people and I know that they see and feel my pain. For years, I have been the cheerleader...the motivator... Suddenly that changed and I could barely breathe without crying. It was not a place or feeling I was familiar with. I felt like a fake....going though the motions and smiling through the pain. But my friends took over. People I knew took over. People I barely knew and some I didn't know I touched took over. They supported me in words and actions that helped me feel supported and loved. I have never been one to take things or ask for help....it is not a space in which I am comfortable. I did not need to ask....People just showed up. People sent me messages. People prayed.
Today during my run, I was caught in such a place of deep gratitude for every one of those people. They may never know how much their support has meant to me and changed my life but today I gave thanks for each one.
 I am so blessed to have a support team that helps me see the light....
#forwardisapace Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment