Sunday, June 20, 2010

(Not So) Rest Day!

Today is scheduled to be a rest day. Well...that is sort of an oxymoron around here....I rarely have time for rest!

We had scheduled a grad party/Father's Day party for the family today. I was running around getting everything done for the party...and thank goodness I ran errands early. I was making the salad and cutting veggies when I stabbed my hand (I was looking away telling the kids what chore to do next) and blood was everywhere. There went the salad and I went to the ER. 2.5 hours and 3 stitches later I returned just in time to shower and get ready to welcome guests looking a bit like Michael Jackson...one glove and all! I was blessed to be using a very sharp and specially shaped knife that minimized the damage to my hand! No tendon, ligament, and nerve damage...thank heavens!

After a successful party I am finally sitting down having a drink and starting to feel the pain...hoping the drink helps ease some of that pain!!

Here's to a 'not so' restful rest day!

1 comment: