Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Running is....

Running is so many things. Running is something different to each runner. Running is something that, unless you are a runner, few people understand. My 12 year old daughter really 'gets it'. She is a runner like me. She wrote an essay on running that I think sums it all up....

"Running is a challenge. Running is when you step out of your comfort zone to achieve your goals. Running is an individual sport. Running is about pushing yourself to do well. It is a personal game. It doesn't matter how fast you run...it matters that it is fun and challenging. Running is a way of life. Either you like it or you don't. Running doesn't make runners crazy...it makes us different and daring. That is what running is to me. In my dreams, I am a Kenyan!" Miss E

That little girl makes a momma proud! She is so very insightful. I can see the lessons of Girls on the Run sinking in. I can see that my actions speak louder than my words.

She understands the deeper meaning of running. She understands that it is more than just a workout. To her running is fun and exciting. To me running is my sanity. Running is my escape. Running is a way to clear my head and think things through. Running is a way to better myself and challenge myself. Running is a constant journey. Running just is....

No comments:

Post a Comment