Wednesday, July 7, 2010

I am what I am

Slow-but-sure has always worked for me, in running and in most other arenas. I wouldn't mind being a Carl Lewis or Usain Bolt, but I've found little payoff in attempting to be what I'm not.
Amby Burfoot

Being what you are. Feeling comfortable in your own skin. This is something it took me years to understand and I am still not totally there yet.

After a wonderful long, hot and hilly 9 miler with my cousin (who is MUCH younger and faster than me) I began to think about what it is to be. Just be. She is so confident...getting ready to spend a year in Thailand traveling and teaching. Leaving her comfort zone and experiencing life. Taking a leap of faith.

So...now....at 44 I have begun to realize who I am...I am slow...but I am sure that there is great payoff in being just who and what I am...just being me.

No comments:

Post a Comment