Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Judgements

I have been ruminating on judgement for a while trying to choose the right words that I want to say. I have a great deal of thoughts on the issue and have had trouble sorting the fact from the fiction and the observations from the actual judgements.

I have encountered some people in my life that have been extremely judgmental with no real basis for this standing. I do know people who are judgmental and have some basis for this opinion. I don't like it however, I understand it.

It seems to me none of us have a real leg to stand on when it comes to this topic as we are all flawed in some way. No one is perfect nor above reproach. I think where the problem lies is that we often see our way as the only way. We feel that our path is the only path. We feel that there is no other viewpoint other than our own. If people do not follow our path, they they are wrong or flawed or imperfect.

Recently while helping my son with math I was reminded that there is more than one way to arrive at the answer. Both of us achieved the same result but in different ways. Neither manner was incorrect nor was the final answer...we both got the same answer..but the path we traveled to get there was different.

I guess we all have to find our own path. We have to travel our own road. We have to live with the consequences of our choices. We are hard enough on ourselves...why make the journey difficult for others as well with our judgments of them?

No comments:

Post a Comment