Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Open



I don't get it.  Perhaps I am simple minded. Perhaps I am believe in the goodness of others. Perhaps I am just naive.

I am filled with faith. I love my faith and live my faith to the best of my ability. My faith teaches me not to judge others. That is God's job. My faith teaches me to accept others. My faith teaches my to care for others. My faith teaches me to love others.

What I fail to understand is the hypocrisy of others. If faith teaches us to be kind, caring, understanding and accepting...then isn't our job to exemplify those behaviors? Is it not our job to lead the way?

I do not believe the same things as others, however I do not judge others for the choices they make. Nor do I feel it is my place to force others to follow my beliefs. I feel that it is my job to exemplify Gospel values leaving others to make independent choices. It is not my place to pass judgement.

What would happen if we looked for the good in others not the bad? What would happen if we looked for the similarities and not differences? What would happen if we spent more time looking inward rather than outward? What would happen if each of us would live with more compassion and less judgement?

No comments:

Post a Comment