Monday, January 2, 2012

New Year = New Goals


It is January and time to begin a new year with new goals. I dislike calling them resolutions because I never live up to my resolutions. Goals, however, I like. They are concrete and I can see myself getting closer or further from the goal with each passing day.

So here are some of my goals for this year in no particular order:
1. Maintain a level of 'half marathon ready' fitness. This means keeping the long runs up and and weekly mileage at a consistent level. No slacking off!
2. Finish another Chicago marathon. Enough said.
3. Lead another group of runners through the training process of CARA and prep them for the Chicago Marathon.
4. Work towards being a kinder, gentler mom and teacher.
5. Continue to share the joy and positive message of Girls on the Run.
6. Inspire others to do more and be more than they thought possible.

I do not know who will read this blog but my plan is to try and post several times a week. I will share my journey as a prepare for and run races of all distances this year. I hope that through these posts that some will be inspired to do more and be more than they thought possible!

What are your goals for the year? What do you want to accomplish this year? We have 364 more days .....
 Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment