Thursday, January 19, 2012

Operation Beautiful/Positive Post-Its

Hey – You! Yes, YOU! You are Beautiful!
Just thought you should know!

This week we have started something called ‘positive post-its’ in my classroom. I did this activity with students last year and it worked so well, I decided to do it again.

Each day several students get a ‘positive post-it’ from me. It is their job then to spread the love, so to speak. They can write a note, post-it, or whatever to anyone else (other than another classmate) to spread the good feelings. Anything from “You Rock!” to “Have a great day” to just a smiley face….no name just a positive thought. I got this idea from a great book called “Operation Beautiful” and tweeked it to work with the fifth graders. Here is a link to the website. http://operationbeautiful.com/

I shared the book with my own girls and they leave post-its all over now. I travel with a packet of post-its and a Sharpie in my purse all the time. When the mood strikes, I leave a post-it! 

We would like to invite you to leave one for someone somewhere. Imagine the impact if we all started leaving litle positive notes for others....
Share the love!
 Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment