Wednesday, November 28, 2012

November 22

Costa maya, Mexico

Thanksgiving day

 

We woke up early and walked off the ship prepared for the kids to participate in a long awaited excursion....swimming with the dolphins. It was early (8:30) but already warm. We walked to the dolphin pool and while the instructor gave an initial lesson, I took pictures marveling in the excitement of my kids.

Soon they entered the water and the dolphins came right over. They kissed the dolphins and did other training behaviors with the dolphins. It was a joy to watch the kids do something like this. Usually thanksgiving is about me running and us eating all day. Not this year. It was all about my kids.

Once they were finished and got out of the water we walked across the beach to Señor Frogs for fruity drinks, free Internet and nachos.

There is a free large pool and beach with coral access to the ocean. We hung out in the pool, laid on chairs in the sand and swam in the ocean looking at the living things under the water. Mom and I collected pieces of coral and I swam with the kids in the warm Gulf waters.

We packed up about 4 and headed back to the ship to get ready for Thanksgiving dinner...at the steakhouse!

Yes, I had steak, potatoes and shrimp for Thanksgiving dinner! A non traditional Thanksgiving to be sure but one that I will remember forever.

 

Today I am grateful for dreams... And the ability to help my kids dreams come true.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment