Wednesday, November 28, 2012

November 24

On board


 

Today is our last day on the ship. I woke up early to a beautiful sunrise. I decided to go for a run on deck which was amazing. The wind at my back for part of each lap and then into wind for the other half. After 5 miles I chose to head in to the gym for a bike ride then some weights.

Breakfast on deck and then a quick change into a bathing suit. I planted myself on a deck chair for the rest of the day happily reading my book and drinking umbrella drinks.

Early in the afternoon we had to head down to our room and prepare for the main event...my parents vow renewal. The girls looked beautiful and the boys handsome.

The captain officiated the tearful ceremony with the grandchildren standing up as witnesses. We took many photos after and then headed to dinner.

Dinner was a relaxed affair with story after story of how may parents met, dated, and married.

We retired to our rooms full of food and festivities to pack ours bags.

 

Today I am grateful for warm sun and love.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment